Monday, September 3, 2007

given a chance to have a second time around...

Uh...ah..uhm...-- whatever..

I hate it when things are running through my mind yet no word comes out. Grrr! If only I could turn back time... Oh, yeah. Lately, we had a series of activity in our English subject. Impromptu, extemporaneous speaking, smart talking and interviewing, and the like...(wonder what's next? hmm..the oratorical speech and dramatic dialogue as our midterm exam are next in line. whew!)
Well, I just...thought I..did not..make it to the best that I could...I mean..(sigh!) I got tongue-twisted, mental-blocked, nerve-racked and so forth. I wasn't able to "hit the right spot" (or at least I had the idea but it didn't come out into GOOD words then) when I began talking in front of the class. (-_-)

Here are the few questions (or topics) I got:

Impromptu speaking
We were asked to write any question we would like to ask in a piece of paper and then submit it so we can draw lots and eventually answer the one you have extracted. I lost the copy of the question but I think it goes like this...
If given a chance to correct your mistakes, what would it be and why?

What I felt (as I read the question)...
(If given the chance...Oh, c'mon. I think this is a nice question..what would it be, and why?...my eyebrows actually raised. But then I answered it (in a sort of a melo-dramatic way :-)

What I have said...
Well, I can't remember it word for word, but I think I answered it this way.. :-)
- Well, yes, of course..if I'm going to have the chance to...(looked at the paper) it would be...uh..one of my mistakes in the past..is that..I-I have sinned against a person and he/she got angry..of course..(".)..and I did not tell him/her that I have hurt him/her...(what an answer!)
oh, yeah! :-)

What I must say...
Well, I got your idea, whoever you are who made this question..but I think it goes this way... If you have committed mistakes in the past(well, everybody had!) what was it<..all about> and if you're given a chance to correct it, would you? and why? (or so I think..-_-)
Anyway, here's my answer...given the chance, of course, yes, I will correct the mistakes I've done..How I wish I could turn back time so I could be able to say sorry to the ones I've hurt...so I wouldn't be living with regrets and painful memories.. I just kept silent about the bad things I've done, and I didn't even have the guts to admit my mistakes. Well, I guess, that alone is a mistake... :-(

Extemporaneous Speaking
I was destined to elaborate the topic... Give the relation of knowledge to wisdom. (".)

What I felt (as I read the question)...
Uh, well...nice one...I got something on my mind about this topic.. Actually I already have my own principle bout this certain things... (-_-)whatever..!

What I have said...
Good morning, everyone..My question (topic) was...(reads the topic)...then, I began expressing my thoughts about it...Well, it was...uh...full of...ahms and umms...coz even though I had the idea, I can't put it right into good words.. What I had expressed goes like this...(actually I even drew a concept map :-) )..knowledge is what you've learned from your environment,..your surroundings..etc...in school..while...wisdom..is (the capacity?) of being wise...you know, "common sense"...in every decision you make...balancing which is good or bad, which is proper or not...you know...something like that....(-_-) (now this is a bad speech..tsk..tsk..whaaattt?)

What I must say...
Ehem..! :-) Actualy, I'm really not sure if I'm making it up to the two-minute time limit given by our instructor. But my idea about this topic goes like this...
Knowledge is the 'collection'(somewhat) of the things you've learned from your surroundings, etc..all. While wisdom is somewhat related to "common sense". It is using your knowledge and balancing what is good or bad, which is proper and which is not... (oh, yeah..?) For me a well-rounded person who has great mind is someone who is not just 'purely' intelligent but also 'wise' in his decisions...(naks! you got my point?...ajejeje)

Smart Talking and Interviewing

My partner: Patrick Angelo Paasa
Uh, well...it didn't go out that well...tsk.. I was kinda feeling good when our session started but duh?! if you have a male partner (our teacher will be the one to choose) he will be the interviewer.. (aww, I have already prepared some questions,grrr) I hate the topic. Nah! Kuya Pat said afterwards that he forgot to ask me about my "business thingy" that's why he dwelt on the IT course discussion. Grrr...he asked about..why I choose IT...how's IT in USEP and the like...well, it's just that I'm still searching for the right reasons so I could give a substantial answer whenever I will be asked about my course... :-)

2 comments:

kpnsm said...

It is said that olympic athletes will imagine their performance in their head before they really doing it in the real life. It has a calming effect. Some peolple call it begin with the end in the mind.

Alyssa Rae Soriano said...

..hEy!
we had alMost the sAme seNtiments..hehehe

bUt stiL,we triEd oUr bEst to hiT the sPot,aYt?

wEL,we dO coMMit mistAkes soMetyms anD that inCludes whAt recEntly hAppen in oUr EngLish exerCises, bUt i don't acTuaLLy caLL it an eXerciSe--it's a bUrdeN!hehehe

weL,i knOw you can dO it.
i mEAn, we caN reAlly do iT!
takE cAre..