Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Updates in Major Paper 1

Adopted organization: NCCC

Updates:

Our group had chosen the said company from the profit-driven sector and had submitted company profile to the subject facilitator for the approval of the company from which we could conduct an industry analysis. The analysis is for partial requirements in the subject Management Information System I, which is to have an Information System (IS) Needs Assessment.

Eventually, the company was approved and the group was on its way to making the letter of permission from the said company.Fortunately, one of my group mates had an acquaintance with one of the employees in the company so we addressed the letter to our contact person. To make the story short, after several calls and texts (with hopeful hearts and crossing fingers), the company approved our letter (after days of waiting…). But our contact person requested that we just have to submit a list of questions for them to answer. I think, they just wanted to have an overview of what we shall be interviewing about (if there would be any interview… I just hope there would be) or what is our study all about. I had the same experience with our other company when I had a similar industry analysis in my previous subject. Yet it made me wonder is that all they would like to have? I do not think I would be satisfied. Constructing a major paper about an assessment of a certain company would not be that complete and substantial without ACTUAL visit. Whew. Well, I can not blame the company for that, too, since I already have the idea that most employees there would be very busy to entertain us. (But I hope they can find time for us! Tsk.) I just wish we could ask for a visit and observance some time.


And so, the group had just submitted a questionnaire for the company to respond. The questionnaire is made up of questions regarding the necessary information needed for the major paper to complete. This includes the company profile, assessment of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities in its major business operation… (I choose not to describe in detail. Hmm… )


On the first visit (for the data gathering), only one member was able to go at the office (since it was requested by the company contact person beforehand, that we just have to submit questions for them to answer) to submit the questions.


In the present, the group is making efforts to ask permission from the company to really conduct face-to-face interview and if possible, observe the operation of its MIS department. The group has also made rough drafts of the major paper's primary components which are the Introduction, Purpose, Scope, and Objectives of the Study, Background of the Company, and Methodology. Currently, we are waiting for further instructions from the company we adopted.


Until my next updates, fellas!


2 comments:

Jan said...

Whow..hehe..haven't updated our major paper. Latest improvement was delivering the interview letter. I hope it gets approved.

penflame said...

well, jan..i also wish we are all starting the major paper contents. i hope that Mr. G. would be present during the peak times when we have to consult him.. ;-) good luck..

tnx for dropping a comment.