Friday, August 8, 2008

080808

Let me greet you on this significant moment in historic epoch. Today is a memorable time in the history of the human world. (-_-) Lol. I just want to post something on this very day that happens only every century...

[ 080808 ]
August 08, 2008

Ask me why I'm affected? Huh! It's not the day when I or somebody close to me was born on this same date years ago. (I actually don't know.) But what does the number combination means to me? Hmmm...

Well, I want to mark this time as a significant one, maybe because of the following (maybe you'll think some are pointless) reasons:

[#] I consider 08 as my lucky and favorite number [along with 16, but I can't recall anything that can prove to you why);

[#] It's my birth month - August [Yes, I guess that's a reasonable point.] August is the 8th month of the year;

[#] 08=16/2. Now here's quite incidental. I was born on the 16th day of the 8th month of the year 1990. The connection? 8 is half my birth date. [so you see..(-_-)]

[#] 8...considered as a lucky number by some. Because of the characteristics of its figure. Take a look at its shape. They say it means 'continuous' flow of luck and/or blessings. (or something like that.) To prove, many people around the world made schedules for special occasions to an auspicious date like 080808. The opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics,to mention, was arranged on this date, at 08:08pm - August 18, 2008 - the 8th day of the lunar calendar and a Chinese almanac-approved-day, with loads of positive energy fireworks (trendsniff.com/2008/08/03/significance-of-080808-and-chinese-astrology/ - 34k -). In addition, 080808 has a nice ring which, also looks like that of the olympic symbol. :-)
I've also noted that many couples arranged their weddings on this special date, as news stated.

[#] ∞ infinity insignia. I've always been thinking about the unexplained connection of this infinity insignia to me. But I couldn't think of a valid reason to you why I should treat this special except that I guess it's extraordinary. My fave number and the infinity symbol. That is where I got the mindboggling penflameinfinity insignia. see..


How about you? What does this date mean to you? Or perhaps, does this mean something to you? Is it just one of those dates that repeats, looks like when typed, etc?
[comment on this post]

Well, as others would think, it reminds me to perhaps buy a lottery ticket and cross my fingers hoping that the luck 080808 brings will be showered upon me. Lol.

HAPPY 080808 EVERYONE!

4 comments:

♪_TARIZTA_♪ said...

TODAY is August 08, 2008(08-08-08)

hmm..
so this "080808" has a deeper contact to your life huh.. :)

so we better treasure and enjoy this day for this "triple num" comes only once in a year.. who knows? at the end of the day there's a surprise waiting for us!
GOOD LUCK!

Happy 08-08-08!!! :)

fatima paclibar said...

it only reminds me of your upcoming debut hehehe.

well, 080808 is'nt great that much for me lol remember OR exam?hahaha

i'm looking forward for your post next year maybe about 090909 hahaha.

happy 080808!

yeah it's Olympics!

penflame said...

LOL!

Sshhh Fat.. I'm afraid others might know. jejeje.

About the OR exam, well, yah I agree. It's not that good enough because of the 'nosebleed' test. But let's be positive. Hope the spirit of the 080808 change our wrong answers to correct ones. Hahaha.

You're funny! I don't think I'll be posting something like this on 090909. Lol. Well, who knows? :-)

Happy 080808 too! What a P.S.

Anonymous said...

i was actually born on this date