Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday...belated

Before the 8th month of the year ends, let me have this post for everyone including me. :-)

Well, I just would like to include this significant thing in here although it's quite late to put an update about this certain event. And I think it would be bad if I'll post it later than this month, right? Lol. So here it is.

***

The 16th day of August 2008 is a day to call for a celebration. Indeed! Oh, c'mon, let's make simple and straightforward. August 16, 2008 is my 18th birthday. Haha. Big deal, huh? :-)

As I recall, I made no BIG preparations for my so-called DEBUT? Except that my mom just bought the ingredients for the food about a week before. (^_^) I have second thoughts of having a BIG party due to some unexplainable reasons. But of course, since it's a one-in-a-lifetime event, my parents and I wanted it to be really special. My idea of the moment was to keep it simple yet special.

I never expected that I will be serenaded with birthday songs and be offered by roses by our friend-neighbors during the dawn. I felt so special. :-) Thanks!

My idea of my 18th birthday celeb was that it would be simple yet memorable. What is most important to me was to thank the Lord for giving me another year to my lifetime on earth, and spending it with loving parents and supportive family and friends.

I had spent hours in the morning until afternoon helping in the kitchen. Whew! I felt like a chef during my birthday. But I caught up to go to the church and attend the Holy Mass in the evening. I pursued to go myself even without my parents and even though my classmates and relatives were already on their way to our house. (--,)

When I got home I was kinda surprised with the large tent being assembled in our lawn, with a number of visitors - family friends and relatives. Although I think it lacked much preparations, I was still thankful for the better weather that evening (since I already know that every birthday of mine, God will shower His blessings in the form of little raindrops :-)) and my classmates were able to get the program started. Well, actually it was not a proper program. They just said some few memorable lines and presented their gifts and dedications, along with my cousins, aunts, and uncles with my parents of course! I'm very much thankful for all the things that happened, no matter how good or bad it is. Still it's a wonderful birthday! So, happy birthday to me...!

My birthday wouldn't be complete without moments being captured, of course. So for anybody to have a glimpse of what had happened during that special evening, here are some of the pics I have managed to get. Uhm, I still had not made the camera file developed so I'll just post the other pics sometime...(for those who wanted to see their faces in here) Lol.


3 comments:

♪_TARIZTA_♪ said...

~wow!

it's great to be a part of that celebration of yours. hehe. and we're all happy for you knowing that we made you happy on your birthday! your birthday party! yes, it was a party! for we also had fun and of course very full with the foods you and your family served as that night. haha

m so excited to see the other pictures! so better post 'em right away! ^_______________________^

randy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY .... better late than never ...

penflame said...

thanks for the greetings sir...

as you said..better late than never..i've noticed the comments days later..haha