Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's Wrong with Being Expressive?

Maybe there are friends who can understand our woes and we spill some of our wildest emotions to them. But there are also times when we just feel like keeping silent most of the time or find another outlet...may be through listening to relaxing music and daydream, spend time with the greener fields of nature, shout to the wall, throw stones into the air, or write somewhere in the pages of an old notebook.


Well, this is my style. Just plainly writing some thoughts into scratch papers burning the midnight oil while everybody's gone to sleep ('cause it's more silent and I can concentrate) and start searching for the right words which fits what I want to say. Such a difficult thing when you're lost for words. Haha. But trust me, when you're there, you can make more than one poem.


In my case, they are sorts of poetry pieces supposed to be finalized as songs. Knowing me, I usually can't get a song done because I lack the patience to apply music into it from the beginning until the end part. Another valid reason is that, I'm no professional somebody that can easily do it - correctly (and confidently). The important thing is, I was able to write and knowing there is at least a somebody or some people who might be able to read it and be touched, it just makes me happy.


So why not try it for yourself? Especially if there are things in your mind that you want to speak out? Come on, be a poet of your imagination.

No comments: