Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas 2011 and Happy New Year 2012!

Arite! Hello again, world of bloggers. It's me here, Charmaine, and well, it's been awhile. I've not thought of some meaty heartfelt spills to post for how many days, months, (and decades?) but I visit my place just to see if there's anything new. (Obviously there's nothing new since I haven't posted for centuries! Lol.) But anyhow, let me take this short greeting just to greet everybody a meeeeeeeeerry Christmas and a haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy New Year! Woohoo!

Well, it's been a busy December for me, people, (as expected but I slightly never expected ti to be so full). It's because of the annual GKK Fiesta last December 10th (lots of activities to prepare for the big day, along with other youth) maybe..but it's the usual thing here. What added up to my December fever aside from Christmas planning is that, uhm aside of course of my regular appointments at school, our Parish launched a Zonal Misa de Gallo (or traditionally called "Simbang Gabi") and our place was made as the center or host venue. And so, even though there are 5 GKKs in our zone, we need to take charge mainly of the venue preparations. I was honestly overwhelmed and glad (although this called for greater challenge and responsibility) because this became my opportunity to play constantly at a Mass. As you know, (or I still haven't shared to you, lol) that I've been playing the organ (lately, guitar before) for Liturgy of the Word solemnities/celebration in the chapel. I seldom play during Masses especially solo because I don't have much opportunity then. I just sometimes play along with some older (and more experienced) folks 'coz I'm kinda afraid I might be lost in the middle of the Mass (whoa! And I'll blame myself for distracting the solemnity. grr.)

So we started off last December 16, and my co-music committee member, also an organist in co-zonal GKK did play the organ (as the main instrument) while I and my friend, Charlie (whose forte is guitar) seemed to do the back-ups. Rem (the other organist) and I took turns in the organ (but I use my instrument while she used hers, to avoid confusion, and well, just simply talk about "mastery" and "familiarity" for preference. Hehe.) Charlie, who also took charge in leading the playing for the singing of responsorial Psalms, is more experienced in playing in Church for the Masses so I trust him for the rhythms. We did not actually had very good rehearsals (the music ministry for the Misa de Gallo) and that's admittedly a thing to be improved for by next year, hopefully, but in general, we survived!

Aside from the nine days of Misa de Gallo, we also had a Midnight Mass or actually a Christmas Eve Mass on the 24th of December, 9pm, and a New Year's Eve Mass last 31st.

Christmas was so silent for me this year. I can really feel that it's not much merry-making compared to the past Christmases. I don't know. Or maybe just, uhm it's me who spent more time with the Church's solemn observance of the season. Yeah, no much holiday perks but a feeling of contentment and happiness that we all spent the season with our family. :)

Oh same thing with the New Year. But we had our usual family gathering in our aunts' house on January 1st and all my father's siblings and cousins and nieces were there. Lots of food, goodies, games, music, gifts, movies and bondings. And oh, I had these skin scratches souvenir from my uncle's sailfin lizard pet (in my eagerness to have a photo with the reptile. Lol) ..I'm animal-lover, you see. ^_^

No comments: