Friday, February 12, 2010

Time and Love

"Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,

but for those who love,
time is eternity...

Hours fly, flowers die,
new days, new ways pass by,
Love stays."


This quotation remained in my memory when I first read about it in my high school years (actually I never knew Henry Van Dyke was the author, and I only remembered just a few lines..). It would me make me think of how it is so difficult to fight with time. I've been pressured by time so many times and well, I could recall more than many moments when I had bad and worse experiences just because of trying to compete with time. As expected, most of it are of beating the deadlines and fitting into schedules. Whew! I could say I am a procrastinator, I'm not denying it (I'm not boasting it either. Hehe.)  Nevertheless, until now I'm trying hard to learn the art of time management. But most of the time I feel that I'm always catching up with time just to do the tasks I need to. And it seems that other people also do.


Why should people race against time just to do things that needs to be done before the last hour? It seems that man is living to beat the deadline that is being imposed to him. And not to enjoy the things that he wants to do. What if we turn it the other way around? TIme shall be the one racing with us, and begging us to have a moment where we become followers of our schedules. You know, that sort of situation where we can make things the easy way we want, do things we like, and never mind time is running its way from us. I was wondering how life would be if there were no task schedules and man will just have to face a job when it is in queue (I mean, man will have to make tasks because he wants to and not because he needs to). If then, we will not be the one asking for teh extension of time rather, time will be begging for us...

* * *
However, in the magical world of love, time has no limits. You can just imagine two lovers never thinking there will still be tomorrow when they are together and so they don't want to be apart. If they are together, they are inseparable - do things on their own without minding the long minutes which turn into hours and into days. For them time is eternity.

What makes it amazing is, true love doesn't have deadlines. Love has no boundaries. And true love above all, is unconditional. This is being expressed at its fullest when God gave His only Son to be nailed on the cross just to save us. Yet love doesn't end when Jesus was risen from the dead and ascended back to heaven. His never ending love continues to be with us forever. And how sweet it would be when you knew you are being loved by an unending love, just like the care and comfort of a mother to her child. But you can just imagine, we would not have that chance to feel special love if it were not for the chance given by time.

I am trying to reflect here the best of love that could be spent through time. Even though at time it's hard how time pressures us, time is there for us to share our love to our special someones. Because time is essential to make golden memories with your loved ones. In spite of the complexities, still, be glad of life because it gives you the chance to work, to play, to look up at the stars to dream, and most of all, to love...



Happy Valentines everyone...


 

1 comment:

Dolorosa G. Mancera said...

Proper time management is what we need. I would agree that most of the time I am catching up with time just to meet all those deadlines and scheduled task. As what I have observed most of the task that we execute are limited in time. Its really hard to to compete.

I salute on how you define love. It seems that you are inspired and happy with whom you love right now. I hope that you would last. Am inspired with your words and agree cause as a teenager I already experienced how to love and be loved in return. Sometimes, when we love we don't know when will it end up. Often times we thought that the person we love now is the man that you will love forever but after a few months or few years of being together, either of you would decide to leave. For me, the most magical in the time of love is when you found someone who is willing to stay with you and love you throughout the time, who will love your worst and ugliest behavior.

For miss Charmaine Dayanan, I hope that one day you will see the man that you can share your life throughout the time and that's with the magic of time.

:-P