Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MIS 1: First Day We Met...

(Note: This is in a reply to Mr. G.'s post in USeP-IC Web Forum-MIS 1: First Day Learnings/Reflections)

I've seen...

how small the number of students in the new section..(I was a 'transferee' from the other schedule. I was wondering what and how it would like to be in the class discussions in the future when reporting will begin...and the groupings during the company visiting, will there still be groupings?hehe)

I've been refreshed...
by the POWER of the holder of the information. (I was contemplating how lucky (or not) I am that I enrolled this course because in the future I'll be one of those who will either make or unmake a company..just like what we discussed last year in the HRM class' first report-instructor's input (I have taken note of everything..) we, the techie guys, should be the most trusted people (and the highest paid!) next to the CEO!)

I've been reminded...
of the fact that I belong to the intellectual giants of the university...that I should live by that name..and I, despite of my being a techie guy/gal, should not be an emotional dwarf (hi-tech? >> hi-touch!)

I've learned...
of some of the flaws (again), of the institution where I belong, in terms of IT/IS..tsk

I've been introduced...
to the major terms where the subject revolves...management and information system...and the 'control' issue as one of the functions of management. (And to leave the thought, our professor gave an assignment to be posted in our blogs..(-_-) well?)

And of course, I've been oriented...
that we will be getting our 99% learnings not from the classroom but from the industry to have a better perspective of the reality concerning the subject...(that open arguments are allowed inside the classroom during discussions...that we should share our experiences and reflections from the outside to others and to our blogs...and should bear in mind to update my blog!) whew...
lol! lol!

3 comments:

MUS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
penflame said...

himantayon.com
!!! wahaha

MUS said...

THANKS FOR HELPING ME FIND INFO ON I.S LEADERSHIP ROLES. IT TOOK ME TIME TO FIND INFO ON IT. YOUR MANAGERIAL ROLES ARE THE SAME AS MINE (BECAUSE THEY'RE FROM MINTZBERG..HEHE)